This month's event will run from 03 March 2013 through 24 March 2013 with judging to take place the following week and be completed no later than 31 March 2013. All efforts will be made to ensure that the contest appeals to the largest amount of people; however, if this month's contest doesn't interest you, perhaps next month's will be more to your liking.
The criteria for the event is to help improve, expand, and clarify documentation for Cosrin: A New Dawn.
Before we go into the specifics, first some ground rules for participation:
- All entries to the contest must be submitted as a reply to this topic; not in a separate forum nor in a separate thread. Exceptions may apply for very limited and specific cases.
- Old ideas, topics, or anything else may be 'submitted' as an entry into the contest so long as they are your own original ideas and not that of another player, both past or present.
- Some parts of the contest may be first-come, first-serve. In order to 'secure' a specific section, a reply to this post requesting it is necessary. The order of the postings will determine the order of assignment.
- You may not sign up for more than one first-come, first-serve section per category.
- You may submit entries for first-come, first-serve sections other than your own so long as your assigned entry is submitted.
- If all first-come, first-serve sections are assigned you may submit for any of them without first needing to be assigned a section.
- After submitting your entry in a first-come, first-serve section, you may choose to submit additional entries a la carte.
- In the event that multiple entries are selected, player reward will be based on the winning entry with the highest reward.
With the re-launch of Cosrin: A New Dawn, a new set of star signs were introduced, including roaming star signs. While these have been visible in the night sky for some 131 years now, the details of what they mean or why they were chose by Zoran have been lost to the ages.
For those of you with a knack for creating a back story or drafting up a tale, this contest is for you. We are looking to recover the lost scrolls of our time and spread the knowledge of the meaning of these signs to all future generations to know.
The known star signs of this era are listed below:
- [Nobody] Shield of the Heavens
- [Nobody] The Silver Lady
- [Nobody] Xartus the Titan Lord
- [Nobody] The Lost City
- [Nobody] The Maiden's Mirror
- [Nobody] Naz'Skrilt, The Elementalist
- [Nobody] The Thief's Despair
- [Nobody] Harvest Watcher
- [Nobody] Cythopal, The Exiled
- [Nobody] The Frozen Rift
- [Nobody] The Scholar
- [Nobody] The Juggernaut
- [Nobody] The Harbinger
- [Nobody] The Pantheon
The above categories should be considered first-come, first-serve.
All guides shall be judged by the following criteria:
- Relevance to Cosrin: A New Dawn
Activities above are on the staff team's radar for improving the overall friendliness of Cosrin: A New Dawn for players who are new to the game. Anything not updated as part of a submission in this contest will continue to be worked as and when times allows for such activities to be completed.
For your hard work, dedication, and entry in the competition you will have a chance to win some valuable rewards and accolades. There will be general rewards for accepted entries and a slightly larger reward for the best submission.
As there is only a single category for this month's contest, there will be a single "best overall" winner. It should be noted that the determination for best submission is based strictly on quality rather than quantity.
If there is an apparent flooding of entries, your submission will be judged based on your perceived worst entry.
Star Signs - Accepted Entries
- Article permanently featured on the website and/or in-game help system.
- Bronze medal good for a staff resurrection or a set of max mortal colors.
- Gold medal instead of bronze good for 3 staff resurrections or a single max available color.
- Prefix of your choosing.
- One month's subscription, free of charge.
We look forward to seeing what you as a community can come up with and will help in every step of the way to the best of our abilities. If you have any questions, please speak to a staff member in game or send an email to email@example.com.