Let's get some Immies!

General banter and discussion.
Yahgrk

Let's get some Immies!

Post by Yahgrk » December 21st, 2014, 5:44 pm

Hullo all

I've read some of the previous IC posts and logs about immies, so I've decided to join in and i urge others to join in with me or create their own RP.

Thought opening up an OOC thread would be useful for posting ideas and for general discussion about what can be done.

I'll continue on an open IC thread: http://www.cosrintwo.com/forums/viewtop ... f=11&t=237

Cheers!
Battlemage Yahgrk
Acolyte of the Covenhouse,
Devout believer of the entity "lifebringer
"

Cole

Re: Let's get some Immies!

Post by Cole » December 27th, 2014, 4:07 pm

The island which has yet to be found was supposed to play into immortals somehow but that story arc was not completed, and the staff members who were spearheading that are now inactive/mia.

It is my personal belief that having immortals walk around with mortals stifles roleplay. I would much prefer that people come up with their own thing that fits into their personal story. For a while someone was trying to start a sun god church, and I really liked that and wish it would be continued onwards. In my opinion it is more fun to wonder if a god actually exists or if the followers/believers are just insane. This opens up a lot more roleplay interaction for mortals doing what they would like to do rather than being told what to do by staff members roleplaying as immortals. I'm not saying I'm against immortals completely, just that a more subtle approach to immortal interaction will allow players to take their story in the direction of their choosing instead of being stifled by gods walking around in plain sight telling people what to do.

These are my personal thoughts on the topic and in no way reflect the absolute direction Cosrin is taking. If anyone else has any ideas please share! :)

Yahgrk

Post by Yahgrk » December 28th, 2014, 6:20 pm

Cole wrote:For a while someone was trying to start a sun god church, and I really liked that and wish it would be continued onwards. In my opinion it is more fun to wonder if a god actually exists or if the followers/believers are just insane. This
I appreciate this and I'm already doing similar stuff with my rps which is fun and very refreshing. What I realise I wish to know is, will Immortals happen?

Be it a planned decision by OGC/admin that there will be xyz immortals created or Immortal being created based on player's rp endeavours?

As much fun as it is to RP characters believing in certain gods, immortals, deities and trying to get others to believe in that divine being, it would be greatly satisfying (and certainly grease the wheels of rp) if the rp'd immortal comes to life via staff interaction.

My concern is people will drop their RP's if no staff backing happens, is this because there hasn't been enough rp groundwork to establish the immy or there is a stance by OGC that immies aren't happening. I aint sure.
Battlemage Yahgrk
Acolyte of the Covenhouse,
Devout believer of the entity "lifebringer
"

Cole

Post by Cole » December 29th, 2014, 1:13 am

It is the job of Heroes to promote RP. This doesn't mean that everyone should bow down and worship Cole, rather that if you make roleplay/lore posts on the boards (as you have already done), Heroes should be supporting your lore in-game with tools provided to us such as the ability to world/room/personal emote, change room descriptions, summon mobs, etc.

Remember that you can also email a Hero directly to request assistance with an event.

As for immortals, again that island story arc was cut short but that's the direction it was heading. If you would like to pick up where the previous group left off I would suggest sending some emails out explaining that you would like to continue the story with or without those originally involved. If they are interested in helping they would likely respond and this gives you the benefit of warning people that if they still want to be involved, now is their chance.

I'm on my phone right now, let me get you the appropriate email addresses and get back to you later.