WANTED: Information on Salome or "The Lord"

Engage in in-character banter with your fellow players in this general chit chat forum.
Halren

WANTED: Information on Salome or "The Lord"

Post by Halren »

Crisp parchments marking the official seal of the Fighters' Guild can be found all across the cities of Moorgate and Stormport, it reads:

Citizens of Cosrin,

The Fighters' Guild of Moorgate hereby requests assistance or information of all who are capable. The general of our defense forces, Salome, has been missing since the latter half of Longing. I have reason to believe she has been hunting a man known to me only as "The Lord", and has fallen into trouble doing so.

I implore any who can give insight into either of their locations to share this information with the Fighters. Not only has Salome been instrumental in the defense of this isle, I will personally ensure a handsome reward for those who require such incentives.

Signed,

Commander Halren
Fighters' Guildmaster
Warden of the Realm
rocca

Re: WANTED: Information on Salome or "The Lord"

Post by rocca »

I have not come across Salome as of late and have not heard of this "The Lord" but I will check with my shadows contacts to see if i cant find any information.
Cyx

Re: WANTED: Information on Salome or "The Lord"

Post by Cyx »

Salome

I was probably one of the few on that night that Salome and his heard of Dragons from the North came to the gates of Moorgate. They broke through the barrier of the north gate and as they passed the great halls of the Mages Guild they struck its Glistening towers with a force the gods themselves couldn't believe.
Salome had come to take revenge on the warriors of Moorgate and precious few could do little about it. A young mage called Anyx, Arcadain, Jorel, Sodagayo and many others tried to hold back the hoard taking dragons on to hell. Anyx fell mortally wounded and yet more fighters monks, shaman, thieves and others all came to attack the avenging hoard, Young Anyx lay against a wall his life ebbing away and passing on hit information to others who came, died and were reborn rejoined the battle. Salome when the creature figured out what was going on took Anyx wand and destroyed it, hence the young wizards life ended.
The fight continued for many an hour until all but Salome stood firm against arrows, axes, swords and incantations of the magical folk. The poison of the thieves just did nothing. Then in the last minutes taking an Ashwood Bow to the tool shop on the west wall of Moorgate, the weapon was blessed beyond all other blessings, His enchantments upon himself glowed with Red, Violet and Blue colors dancing and intertwining with each other and with one arrow aimed by a soul so good as to never have done any wrong in the land the arrow entered Salome's neck. Piercing its skin the blood pooled from the wound, burning the pavement where it landed and laying waste to buildings and people it touched.
With a mighty roar the creature fell to its knees. Looking at the eyes of Arcadain the beast gave but one mighty swipe and The Guild of Mages leader was swept assunder, his body thrown into the fires burning in the guild and a final incantation from Salome's lips did cast a spell over the corpse, both good and evil passed into the afterlife leaving the town of Moorgate a broken and disheveled ruin. People stood amazed that the great guild of Mage's lay in smashed ruins, its leader for millenia gone, never to return.
The guilds of Moorgate did on that day swear an oath to work together to rebuild Moorgate and help those who had lost all and yet more that had come from far and wide to train at the hands of the mightiest tutors in the land. Yet those that were there on that day never forgot and those of the Guild including the Reverand Recreator and the White wizard Olias who both had cause and passion to cherish the memories of Arcadain in their hearts for time immemorial. Joel a wizard of Good Standing took charge of the Tower of Light, Sodagayo took charge of the wizards, Whilst Raistlyn took charge of the Coven. All the leaders of all the guilds and sub guilds did on that day forge a casket lined with silk, softened by the down from geese in town given by any that had nothing to really give. A casket formed of the heart of the timbers from Ashwood and The Dark Forest. Gold molten and reshaped by those precious souls the people of moorgate had stood by and watched chase to their deaths. The Golden bars set in the two largest slabs of Marble from the moors quarry and enchanted to hold someone so precious so pure of heart, he being the only one using tools made by the purest of souls in the land brought peace and quiet down on the Town of Moorgate.
The coffin had the remains of the body of arcadain placed inside along with the bow and arrow that brought a people together with one goal in mind, to never forget the sacrifice the loss and the pain and suffering. The coffin born on the shoulders of the strongest of each of the guilds carried to the graveyard in Moorgate and placed in holy ground, never to be intruded on by evil. Recreator stood over the grave all that night and the next day casting incantations over the ground and grave as the people had slowly withdrawn from their vigil and allowed others to see the resting place of the finest soul in Cosrin. The great Arcadain. His tomb to this day stands in the graveyard of Moorgate and those that remember still visit to pay homage for the night good prevailed over evil in the land but the price was too much to bear for some and they vowed to rebuild the Mages Guild Halls with the finest materials in the land. Each guild over the coming days donated their share of the cost to the rebuilding. A charter and a reward for information of Salome was forged in the great hall. Each leader signed it with a vow to never again let evil rule where peace should reign. The souls whose incantations had drawn this evil demon from the underworld to this day have not been found and scrolls of the plea for information were placed in each area of Cosrin none to this day have found evidence of the doing. As for young Anyx, his body was never to be found, his wand broken taking with it his life and skills although a lowly age and a beginner in the guild sacrificed himself but only a bunch of flowers lay by the road left by one soul that cared for him.
After a year or more the Guild of Mages returned to its former glory with blessings from those of every race and creed in the land glad once more to see its shining towers of light spreading once more over Moorgate. As for me, at the time but a Ranger who gave his life so many times and and was reborn that night to take on the fight, well lets just say The Trapped Inn offered many things to help one forget, but the memory of his friend Arcadain just would not disappear from his heart. Taking the fight to the evil of Cosrin was all I had left and take it I did for as long as I can recall.
For those about to come and for those who have gone let nobody forget the thousands of souls who gave all they had that night yet still failed against the odds. Each night a I leave a drink to my lost friends then retire to my hidden room in the fighters guild tower to sleep and let the terror of the night fight once more in my mind.
Cyx

"Salome her own story"

Post by Cyx »

After a quick search through the older scripts I came across Salome's own story.

The one posted previously in this thread was an RP from years ago I had stored in my files.

For the full story of Salome's life, it is posted by herself at the following

https://www.legendsofcosrin.com/forums/ ... f=12&t=185

Enjoy the read it is an amazing post.

Cyx