The most recent version of the Cosrin: A New Dawn wizard can be downloaded on this page. It is designed to run under Microsoft Windows but some users have had success running under WINE on both Linux and Mac OS X.
>>> OGC Desktop Client <<<
- Added a new bar to display a character’s adrenaline.
- Added the ability to get the current adrenaline value from the Lua scripting environment as character.adrenaline.
- Added a new option in Config to allow the OGC Desktop Client to enable the socket keep alive option.
- Added an internal feature for pulling zone image information from an external source, allowing for better consistency between zones and their visual representations.
- Resolved an issue where death in game would cause the effects table to becoming out of sync with the server.
- Resolved an issue where the city experience bar color was tied to the temple experience bar color and not its own.
- The effects table exposed to the scripting engine has been changed from a boolean true/false to containing the actual numeric value of the effect.
- Timers displayed in the OGC Desktop Client interface now update every 0.1 seconds rather than every second for a more fluid appearance, especially with short duration effects.
- The effects window will now show the strength of effects active on your character.
- The effects window width has been increased to accommodate the additional information to be displayed within.
- The OGC Desktop Client now appropriately attempts to connect to play.cosrintwo.com instead of ogcserver04.onlinegamescompany.net.
- Added new fields character.poison, character.poisoned, character.bleed, and character.bleeding.
- Resolves an issue where the value for effects[“Poisoned”] and effects[“Bleeding”] would not be set to zero when removed.
- Added a new section for voting links to the announcements system on login.
- The timestamp format used by the OGC Desktop Client can now be custom formatted and picking between 12h or 24h time format is supported.
- When the client is exited while in “fullscreen mode”, this will be disabled upon the next session.
- The vertical experience bar in the “Stat Bars” window will now appropriately function and display experience.
- The OGC Desktop Client now supports the display of guild experience, city experience, and temple experience.
- In tandem with engine changes, time sync between client and server has been greatly improved to provide a consistent and accurate experience when using character.unbalance from the Lua Scripting API.
- Added an option in the Config > Options dialog which allows for the configuration of the anti-aliasing and ClearType font settings for the OGC Desktop Client. The client must be restarted after changing the setting before it can take effect.
- Resolved an issues where certain highlight strings were duplicating text rather than replacing it.
- The ^J color codes can now be used as a background color.
- The unbalance timer will now ignore changes of fewer than 3 seconds to help smooth out inaccurate/imprecise data being delivered by the server.
- Implemented better error handling when opening log files.
- Resolved an issue when using the Wait functions with a blank string.
- Resolved an issue where RegisterEvent for specific windows did not work correctly.
- Improved the tab ordering on the Timed Macros pane.
- Resolved an issue where the scripting engine’s built-in SpeedWalk() function would not verify movement, resulting in spam filtering.
- Resolved an issue with the affects table not clearing upon death.
- Resolved an issue causing highlights to be turned off by default when upgrading from v502 or earlier.
- Resolved an issue where the scripting engine’s built-in SpeedWalk() function would expect movement verification on commands that were not movements.
- Resolved an issue where events registered via RegisterGlobalVarEvent were not triggering.
- The connection timer now has an option to enable seconds connected. It can be toggled by right clicking the clock and enabling it via selecting “Show Seconds”.
- Players may now easily parse room information available to the OGC Desktop client via lua scripts from the room table. Usage is: room[“north”] -or- room[“n”] -or- room.north -or- room.n. This returns true if the exit is open or false if it is closed.
- The room table also contains an “all” member which will return a space-separate string of all open exits in the room.
- The room table also contains a “title” member which is equivalent in function to the character.roomtitle member and functionality, but provided for aesthetics.
- Improved the granularity of timers related to ailments currently active on your character.
- Resolved an issue where text matching commands would only match the first entry and not compare against alternative parameters.
- Resolved an issue where window positions in auto arrange could result in unused space.
- Resolved an issue where graphics for emoticons were no longer included as part of the installer.
- Resolved an issue where the Lua Path was not always appropriately updated to include the profile-specific script directory.
- Added a new menu option “Window > Bring in to View” that will allow you to manually retrieve windows that have become unreachable due to overall client shape and/or size changes.
- Highlight Strings may now contain regular expressions, including groups and matching. The text of a matched group will be provided to any calling script via the args variable. Regular expressions can be toggled on a per-highlight basis and require the check box “Text is Reg Exp” to be checked in order to treat it as a regular expression.
- When a Highlight String is matched, the entire line from the match is provided to any calling script via the TRIGGER variable, regardless of whether or not the Highlight String is flagged as containing a regular expression.
- Added a new option in the “Right-Click Context > Reference” for the Cosrin Wiki. Highlighting a word or phrase and clicking this menu option will search the community wiki for it.
- Added a new command line #wiki feature. This can be used to instantly search the community wiki for a phrase - and if an exact match is found - instantly take you to the article itself. Usage is as: “#wiki Hunting Macros”
- A new function RunMacro() is available to the scripting engine. This can be called using the old-style macro format as if it were being used directly from the wizard. This function blocks until the macro completes. If a separate script callsRunMacro(), the previous call will terminate regardless of where it is and execute the new one. Usage is as: RunMacro(“g gold;;activate guildring&~~&n;;e;;buy 1;;w;;s;;rest&")
- A new function SpeedWalk() is available to the scripting engine. This can be called using the old-style speedwalk format as if it were being used directly from the wizard. This function blocks until the macro completes. The speedwalk character is not necessary as it is implied by the notion of calling the function. Usage is as: SpeedWalk(“5([ne]nesw[jump])")
- Disabled the version check option.
- Implemented new version check and announcement system.
- Resolved an issue where windows would not retain their location.
- AUP Update for Cosrin: A New Dawn.
- Updated email address for admin to be @cosrintwo.com
- Fixed inverted character.unbalanced for Lua.
- Fixed an issue where character.ut could become stuck above zero.
- Disabled character portrait option as it is unused.
- Added a fully-functional, lua-based scripting engine to the wizard.
- Fixed an issue where dialog boxes could become stuck behind the login window.
- Made extensive help file updates to support the new scripting engine.
- Fixed a crash related to deleting profiles.
- Corrected a number of links to point to this website.
- Redesigned the network code to better support high latency or otherwise unstable connections.
- Added the ability to export macros.
- Reworked the online list window and added the ability to change background colors.
- Redesigned the ^J colors to match the standard xterm 256 color set.
- Adjusted the log writing mechanism to be performed in a separate thread to alleviate some locking/freezing issues that could occur when a large amount of text is received.
- Disabled the ‘news’ button.
- Extended the maximum length a macro can be.
- Added a new internet menu link directly to the armory.
- Updated to handle the new constellations.
- Fixed some issues with speedwalks.
- Speedwalk multiplier fix.
- Speedwalk length increased.
- Adjusted login procedure for multiple OGC games.
- Updated fallback IP for new game address.
- Increased macro length.
- Improved macro length detection to avoid extra long macros.
- Speedwalk correction for multiples of 4.
- Online List display correction.
- Save window positions even when issuing ‘qq’.
- Initial Cosrin: A New Dawn release.
- Remove character conversion for /, \, [, ].
- URL parsing ignores final ' in a URL.